30 Famous Film Quotes That Will Inspire You To Be Happier
Need a bit of an optimistic boost? Fear Not – Its got you covoured.
I’ve gone on a venture to find you 30 of my favourite famous film quotes to motivate, inspire and put that big smile in your heart and on your face, this week!
Its true, we can learn some real life lessons from the moveis…
Lesson 1: Life is for living…
Every man dies but not every man really lives. William Wallace, Braveheart
Use your time wisely. You don’t want to wake up one day and realise you’ve wasted too much on being unhappy, stressed and/or bored.
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” Gandalf, Lord of the Rings
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.” The Captain, Wall-E
- “Every man dies but not every man really lives.” William Wallace, Braveheart
- “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.” Prince of Genovia, The Princess Diaries.
- “It’s not about the paycheck, it’s about respect, it’s about looking in the mirror and knowing that you’ve done something valuable with your day.” Dave Kovic, Dave
- “Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere.” Van Wilder, Van Wilder: Party Liaison
- “Remember those posters that said, ‘Today is the first day of the rest of your life?’ Well, that’s true of every day but one…the day you die.” Lester Burnham, American Beauty
Lesson 2: Just keep moving!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all” The Emperor, MulanLife can also be bloomin’ tough. But if you surround yourself with good people and maintain a positive, motivated attitude, you’ll get through it.
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all” The Emperor, Mulan
- “There’s no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more.” Walter Abrams, Two For The Money
- “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” Rafiki, from The Lion King
- “I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them.” Jim Braddock, Cinderella Man
- “It ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” Rocky, Rocky Balboa
- “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?” Chuck, Castaway
- “Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn’t quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.” Frank Abagnale Sr, Catch Me If You Can
- “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.” Dory, Finding Nemo
- “Never give up, never surrender.” Cast, Galaxy Quest
- “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
- “Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” Thomas Wayne, Batman Begins
Lesson 3: Stop worrying about everyone else.
Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?We all need to stop relating our own success and happiness, to other people.
Live your life for you.
20.“Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” Ian, What a Girl Wants
- “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.” The White Queen, Alice in Wonderland
- “Sometimes it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine.” Christopher Morcom, The Imitation Game
- “If everybody were like everybody else, how boring it would be. The things that make me different are the things that make me, me!” Piglet and Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh
- “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
- “Your dignity’s inside you. Nobody can take something away from you you don’t give them.” Coach Don Haskins, Glory Road
- “Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts.” Aladdin, Aladdin
Lesson 4: Be positive.
“A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.” Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger RabbitA little bit of positivity can go an awful long way to improving your job, your prospects and your life in general.
- “There should be no boundaries to human endeavour. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
- “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
- “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.” Roger Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it, always.” Gandhi, Gandhi